Quinoa - Eating Healthy
I have a favorite Indian recipe I love. I tried using quinoa instead of rice, and I loved it! It has a lot of goodies in it:
I did it just like the recipe except for a couple of things:
- I did not add the spicy peppers (I didn't add them when I used rice either).
- You have to rinse and soak quinoa, unless the package says it is pre-rinsed. Mine did, but I still soaked it for a while.
- I added the quinoa (and spices) to the onions after they were fried, then cooked them for a couple of minutes.
- Instead of a tomato, I used a can of tomatoes with no salt added.
- Instead of adding water, I used Chicken Broth with no salt added.
- I increased the liquid since I had more tomatoes and potatoes than the original recipe.
It is yummy! Let me know how you like it!