Sunday, October 17, 2010

Long week, big car problems

This has been a long week. On Monday my tire was flatter than a pancake, and no spare. Someone came to change it, and he said there was leakage and the rim had to be sealed, so I went to the mechanics and had that done.

Tuesday my car was making klunking noises. I had my son's auto shop teacher look at it. I was going to bring it back on Thursday, but when I woke up on Wednesday morning, my car was gone. I filed a police report and got a ride to work and home. They found it in the middle of a a road several miles from my house that day. I had to pay $120 for the towing. When I went to pick it up on Thursday, it would not start. I tried to jump-start it, but it wouldn't stay on and it made a horrible noise. I had it towed to my mechanic, and he pronounced the engine dead.

I missed a lot of work this week because of the damn car. I don't know who stole it, the police don't know (or at least they don't have any direct evidence as to who did it), although they are speculating.

Someone at church offered me a car for several months as it will be her son's when he gets his license, so hopefully that will work out until I can buy another one or find an engine for the minivan that isn't too expensive.

Hopefully this week is better.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Maybe it's just Karma.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home