Friday, July 09, 2010

What we've been up to

I haven't posted much in a while. Just been feeling kinda meh.

School ended in early June, so the kids are home, bored of course. My daughter went to her dad's house for the summer. It is a lot quieter now lol. Her older brother couldn't go. He's busy working this summer. Same job he had last summer. He works at a restaurant. They don't get much business during the winter, so he mostly works summer and part of fall.

My younger son and I go to the library a lot. He's in the children's book club this summer. Every 10 books they read, they get a prize. He's reading really well. His first grade teacher told me he was reading at a 3rd grade level. I'm trying to get him to read a lot this summer. Maybe he'll be the one of my kids that is a bookworm like me!

My daughter and my 7 yo both had birthdays in June. His is the day after hers. We got a cake but didn't do much else. I should have more money to do more things with them when I'm working. Although then I won't have the time. I guess that is what weekends are for.

I've been feeling kinda meh. Census work is done. I didn't have much to do the last 3 weeks of it. I think I'll be getting one or two small checks from it.

And big news, I got a job. I had applied at this company before, but the interview was tough and I flunked it. I know someone who works there and they encouraged me to apply again. They were trying to hire 43 people to start training next week. I was nervous, but I finally did a week ago, and I am starting next Monday. We are contractors (temporary workers), but some people get on permanently there.

My son is working a lot and can't watch my 7 yo son. A friend that lives in town is going to babysit him. She has a dog that my son loves, and there are kids that live near her. I haven't had to find babysitting for years. He'll have fun with her.

Training will be 8:30-5 or 5:15 for 3 weeks, then we will get our schedules. We have to be available from 8 am to 8 pm Monday-Friday, and from 9-5 on Saturdays. If we work Saturday, we get a day off during the week.

I'm trying to get my house cleaned up, since I won't feel like it much when I'm working. Trying to get all the winter clothes up, and sort through clothes the kids have grown out of. I want to have a garage sale this summer. They are a PITA though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home