Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I don't even know my last name

I actually do know my last name, but the title is a title of a country song, and I just had to use it.

I gave my youngest son my last name when his dad didn't come for his birth. I kept my maiden name when I got married. I've talked to him about his dad, shown him pictures, told him his name, answered his questions as to what I think his ability to understand is.

The other day my daughter told my son his dad's last name, and said that it was her brother's REAL last name. I tried to explain to him that some kids have their dad's last name, some have their moms, but he doesn't get it. He says that's his REAL last name. I guess he wants to be like his big brother and sister and actually really have a dad (that he can talk about or see or something). I grew up without a parent, so I kinda know what he may be going through. He doesn't have a man in his life he can look up to and do the dad stuff with. He looks up to his big brother, but he is only 14.

Sigh. Sometimes life is a PITA.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jazain said...

how sad that made me feel. my oldest 4 children grew up with their dad strolling through when he wanted to....i know how it makes you , as the parent, feel to see your children questioning and/or hurting. you just want to protect them from everything especially when theyre so young and innocent.

thank God he has that 14 year old to look up to..at least he has someone.

jan

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home