Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life, Actually

We went to a drive-in the other day with a friend and her kids. I haven't been to one in over 20 years! I didn't realize they still had drive-ins around, or that it's much more of a family thing than it was years ago. Then it seemed like more of a teenager or date thing. My older son had to work, so it was my daughter and my 5 yo son's first time at a drive-in. We saw Night at the Museum 2, and Wolverine, Xmen Origion. I loved the Xmen movies, and was disappointed in Wolverine. Of course, Hugh Jackman always looks hot! We didn't get home until 2:30, yawn! And Ibi was cranky the next day. He always is when he gets tired. Must get that from his dad's side * innocent look.

We didn't do anything for Memorial Day, except take naps from being up late from the drive-in.

Next Wed. is the last day of school. My older kids are supposed to go with their dad for the summer. I say supposed to, because he often makes promises he doesn't keep. But he seems to be serious this time. I hope so, I need a break from them, and they need to spend time with their father and their little brother and sister at his house. I really need some peace and quiet at my house. I've had a lot of conflicts with my older 2 kids, esp. my daughter.

I've had my ups and downs lately. A few days ago I got out of my funk, and am feeling pretty good. I'm hopeful about going to college this fall.

I went to a lot of garage sales a couple of weeks ago. I got a big couch, a dryer, and finally found one big bookcase. The dryer works, but has issues. It's going to be looked at this weekend. You have to be careful when you touch it, or you get shocked! Luckily I have slippers that must have rubber soles, I haven't been shocked yet! My son didn't believe me, until he wore them when he got his clothes out of the dryer. It is nice to have clothes nice and soft, and dry right away!

Some friends and I were going to have a cookout at a campground nearby, but it is kind of cold and wet today, so we are going to do it at one of their houses. I'm going to make potato salad for the first time. Hopefully it will be edible!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurita said...

Hugh Jackman was definitely the best part of Wolverine. It wasn't as good as X-Men 1 or 2, but it was better than 3 IMO. We don't have dive ins here. oo bad. I bet that would be fun.

How did the potato salad turn out?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asslamu aleikum,

I'm old enough to remember drive-ins, and boy do I miss them! Please keep writing--your blog is wonderful! :)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

It wasn't bad, Laurita. Pretty easy to make too! It did need a bit more of something , maybe more mustard and some lemon juice or something.

Thanks, Noor!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home