Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Monday!

I know I haven't kept up my Monday Musings, but I've been busy working for the Census. Right now I'm on a lunch break, and hoping it doesn't storm so I can get more hours in today.

I think it's time for me to make a committment. It's something I've been thinking about. I do get scared because of things that happened in my past, but I think it's something that will be good for me and my kids. It is kinda scary for me, because of my past committments that didn't work out. But I have to think positively. More on this later.

I have a confession: I'm an avoider. If someone is calling me and I think they are mad at me or I am going to get in trouble of some sort, I don't answer it. I know, pretty cowardly to do. It's hard for me to not do it. Sometimes even when I have the money for a bill, I don't pay it. I need to stop avoiding things.

Things I've learned from working for the census:

    Come on people, put your house number on your house! How do you expect people to find you otherwise?

    Please don't leave your dog not tied up if you are not home. Esp. if he barks and/or looks really mean.

    Don't put those cute signs that look like street signs with your name on them. It's really not that cute. They are very annoying.

    Housing Developments are very annoying to get around in. My old car sure doesn't fit in there!

    I am not trying to sell you anything. I am just doing the job I am paid to do. I don't need anything from you (unless you're one of the aforementioned people who don't have their house number on their house), I just want to let you know why I am on your property.

My lunch break is almost over, time to go back to work and hope it doesn't storm! I will work in the rain, but prefer not to work in storms.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home