Monday, March 09, 2009

Hmm, something sounds fishy to me!

Today I went to the college early to take my assessment tests. My son texts me and asks if he can go to stay at his friend's house overnight, after he does his chores. I said yes.

Then I remembered that his friend has 2 seperate houses in the town (mom's and dad's). I called my son up and asked if his friend was going to be at his dad's or his mom's house. He said his friend's mom's house. So I asked for the mom's number. I thought I had saved his friend's parent's numbers on my phone, but maybe I hadn't. He told me that they might be staying at his dad's house. I again asked for the mom's number, as well as the dad's. He asked me if I was gonna call them. I just asked for the numbers again. Something seems to be up, doesn't it? No, I ask for everybody's number just for the hell of it.

He said just a minute. Then came back, and said his friend called and said he can't stay the night, but they are going to hang out. Bottom line seemed to be that he didn't want to give me his friend's number. So I told him he can't leave the house.

For some reason he didn't want me to call his friend's parents. I am going to save his friend's parents number somewhere other than my phone, in case he wants to take them off so I don't have them.

A, parenting teenagers can be hard work!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Yasemin said...

I'm praying for you that this isnt an unexpected girlfriend. I wonder how old he is. I really hope it works out to get in touch with the parents and make sue he wan't just scared of being made fun of at school. Love you and hope it works out!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Lisa, he's 14. He was definitely being evasive. I think he might not have been going to his house, or going to stay out late and didn't want me to know or something.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home