Friday, January 30, 2009

I had a birthday party!

Some friends gave me a birthday party. It was short notice too, she didn't know it was my birthday until the day of my birthday, and we had a party at her house last night. We made pizzas, and had some nice conversation. I am renting a house from them, but we have been friends for a couple of years, so we are friends first. They are really nice. Thanks so much for the party! Even though I'm "over the hill", it's nice having special times with friends. And got some presents too.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It makes me feel good to know I have friends all over!

Things at home have been up and down. My daughter and I have had some problems communicating over the past few months. We've kinda gotten tired of it and have been freezing each other out. I'm trying to make an effort to get time with her, so hopefully our relationship will improve. We had a nice time out the other day. I had to take her to an appointment. Then afterwards, we ate out and saw a movie. Nice girls day out! It's my son's turn next.

I had jury duty this week. I had to go in on my birthday (Tuesday). We waited around for a couple of hours, then my panel (group) was called down to a courtroom that was having a criminal trial. They choose people's numbers randomly, and questioned them. They only needed 6 jury members, and they got through about 11 people (5 were dismissed after being questioned). They didn't get to me. I would have liked to be on a jury. I got paid for a half day there, plus mileage, so it wasn't bad!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger *Tanyetta* said...

Happy Birthday! OH wait, you just reminded me. I got called in for jury duty the day BEFORE my birthday. THE NERVE! LOL

2:34 PM  
Blogger Yasemin said...

Sounds like fun! Happy belated Birthday!

7:50 PM  
Blogger jazain said...

happy birthday!! sounds like you had a great time and a good day.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home