Friday, June 20, 2008

Some people just don't get it!

I don't mind doing favors for people sometimes, but some people ask all the time. Like J. Don't come to my place more than once or twice a month asking for bread, milk, scotch tape, bandaids, etc. I can't feed or bandage everybody! I am not a grocery store. Think ahead, instead of just thinking you can get it from a neighbor's house. If you want to make something with tuna and you don't have tuna, you have 2 options: 1) Make something else! or 2) Go buy some! They actually do have stores where they sell things you need. Don't come to my place asking for tuna if you want to make tuna. I am not the neighborhood convenience store. I rarely ask people for anything.

Another thing: If someone is going to do you a favor, they are going to do it on THEIR time, NOT yours! If you don't show up when you say, don't complain if they have to go take care of what they need to take care of. Don't leave a message saying they are not a loyal friend. I'm not going to wait on you. If you want me to do it for you, get off your butt before 11 am. A favor is just that. A favor, not an obligation. Everyone is not obligated to do things for you. If you are used to that, don't expect it from me.

Yes the above (the latter) happened to me this past week (by the same person who kept doing the former): J. I was going to get a package for J. from another town that I had to go to for some errands. I didn't mind helping her out and saving her some gas $. The problem is when some people run on a different time schedule (read: late) than you. If you want someone to do something for you, don't think they are going to wait on you to give them the papers they need to get it. Do it ahead of time, not at the last minute. I don't ask much from other people, and if I do, I do my best to be considerate and appreciate what they are doing for me.

So I got a pissed off and "you're not a loyal friend and I won't ask anything from you again" voice mail from J. after I had to leave on Tuesday. Fine. Guess who calls me this morning and leaves a voice mail asking me if she can ride around with me going to garage sales to save her gas $? Yep, J! No apology, nothing! WTF? Some people just don't get it! I think I'll take the "not loyal friend" and buzz off.

A.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home