Friday, February 29, 2008

Ali Baba's Palace, Mishawaka

I've decided to do reviews of the places that I've eaten at or been to in the area. Just to let others know if they are worth going to or not, IMO, and to recommend places that I like.

Ali Baba's Palace is a recently opened restaurant at 615 W. Edison Road in Mishawaka, Indiana. The Olive Mount Grille restaurant used to be there. It is west of Grape Road.

I went there with my sister for dinner last Wednesday. The interior was nicely decorated. The service was good, although we waited a while for our meal. They brought hummus and pita bread out for us as a free appetizer, which was good because we were hungry. The prices were a bit steep, and there wasn't a very big selection. There was only one vegetarian entree on the menu, which my sister got (she's vegetarian). I got the stuffed grape leaves from the appetizer menu. I wish they had been on the entree menu though.

I would go there again, but probably not often as it's a bit expensive. It's good to support local businesses so they have a chance to survive.

Anisah

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ~Easy said...

Thanks for stopping by the Brokedown Palace. I'm guessing you found your way via Chickpea? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Just to demonstrate how small this large world is, I do believe I met the youth counselor from Berrien at one a few years back. Now our kids will probably end up at a YRUU (or whatever the new group is called) Youth Con sometime.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Yes, I followed you from a comment on Chickpea's blog.

It is a small world!

Anisah

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anisah,

This is Wendy. Wow, the kids got so big. I have been reading your blog the last few days, and I see what an asshole "A" is being. I hope he becomes ashamed of himself.
Soon after I read your blog, I got got several messages from some law firm in New York looking for him. Said he was in big debt concerning lots of money he owes and owes. I told him the truth, that I didnt' know any whereabouts on him, but if i did, i would have told them. He doesnt change. What else is knew? I got remarried to a great guy. Tell the kids that is said hello and I happy to see they have gotten big and dong good in school. Write back if u want! Wendy

3:52 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Wendy,

Nice to hear from you! I tried to see you before we left NJ. I thought I had found your address, but it was an old woman with your name, oops. If I had your address I would have brought the kids by.

Yes the kids are so big. Mustafa will be in high school, and Nabilah in middle school (6th grade) this fall. Boy how time flies!

I'm glad you are doing good. Do you have the same email? I'd love to email you and send you pictures. If you put a comment here with your email address, I will email you and I won't publish it (all comments need my permission to publish).

A.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Wendy, I added my email to my profile if you want to email me. Hope to hear from you!

Anisah

6:22 PM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Wendy, check your email. I got your comment and sent you an email.

Anisah

8:56 AM  
Blogger Anisah said...

Wendy, I sent you an email from my comcast and gmail address. If something doesn't get there, it must be your email having problems. Let me know if you don't get them, and we'll try again when you have another email account.

Anisah

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home