Thursday, November 09, 2006

Remembering

When I woke up this morning, I go to thinking about some things I remember. What makes us remember some things but not others? I remember some things that were said to me that hurt me, but other things I should remember, I don't. My youngest is 3, and he probably won't remember anything from this age. We do our own rituals at bedtime, like read a book and sing a couple of his favorite songs, parts of which are our own made-up words. I hope he remembers this. It's special to me.

I tend to forget things pretty easily, some days I think I have Alzheimer's lol. What I may have, after doing a lot of reading, could be ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). What does that have to do with not remembering? With ADD you hyper focus on some things, which means other things aren't retained. I can put a bowl of hot oatmeal in the freezer for Ibi, then sit down at the computer or go into the other room to do something, and totally forget about it. He remembers, however! I sure miss my good memory. If you find it, let me know * grin.

A.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliel said...

I am not sure it's ADD as much as BAP (Being A Parent). Especially since you're doing it all on your own.

Even with two of us parenting our children, I always feel like I am going through early alzheimer's.

I appreciate you putting your thoughts out there for folks like me to read and be reminded that no matter how crazy it gets, keeping one's sense of humor is key to survival.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home